What comes to mind when you think of working in the business world? You may envision people in suits conversing in a board room or interacting with customers. Or, someone who works from home. The business world is dynamic and versatile, and there are many different types of business professionals with varying jobs. If you can harness your goals, passions and abilities, you can find the business degree that is best for you!
What can you do with a business degree and what kind of careers can you get?
With a business degree, the sky is the limit. Most companies require some form of business degree from their employees before hiring. However, once you have your degree there are hundreds of career options available!
Potential careers could be in the fields of management, technology, economics, finance, national and international business administration and accounting. Possible job titles could include:
- Project manager
- Chief financial officer
- Public relations specialist
- Investment advisor or financial planner
It’s important to evaluate your strengths and passions when considering your choice of business degree. If you’re passionate about science, for instance, you might consider working as an Environmental Accountant.
What kind of business degrees are there?
Herzing University offers six undergraduate business degrees:
Specializing in a particular field such as marketing or human resources can help you stand out against other job candidates, highlighting that you’re a master in your field.
Students may also choose to enroll in graduate school to pursue their Master in Business Administration (MBA). Herzing offers seven MBA concentration degrees through their online MBA program.
Is it worth getting a degree in business?
Getting your business degree can open doors to a variety of job opportunities and can offer competitive salaries as well as career growth.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), most people in business-related occupations get paid higher1 than people in other careers. The market for business and financial operation careers is projected to grow 7% from 2018 to 2028 according to the BLS, which is faster than average for all occupations.* However, a business degree is more than just a high-paying salary.
The return on investment (ROI) for business degrees is also very high. After getting your degree, you’ll be equipped with a specialized skillset that allows you choose from a variety of career options. The versatility of the undergraduate degree allows a lot of flexibility for many entry-level positions so you can grow in your career. Your business degree could turn into a management position, for instance.
How long does it take to get your business degree?
The amount of time it takes to get your business degree depends on your previous education as well as your career path. At Herzing University, students can complete their bachelor’s degree in as little as three years.
If you already have your associate degree in business management from Herzing you can complete the program in two years. All other associate degrees can have up to 60 credits transferred towards a bachelor’s degree.
Are you interested in learning more?
If you have questions or are uncertain about your results that is OK. After all, you don’t have to pick a degree today! You can contact Herzing University staff and advisors for more information and to explore your options. Check out the links below for some additional information:
- Discover what you can do with a business management degree, or a degree in marketing
- Learn 9 things you didn’t know about Herzing’s Business Programs
- If you’re interested in a specific concentration, check out a few of our blogs:
- Find out what you can do with a human resources degree
- Learn from students who were once in your shoes from their own stories
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2021. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.