Skip to main content
Herzing University History

Herzing University had its beginning in 1965 when it started as a computer training institute in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In 1970, the name was changed to Herzing Institute and the organization began to grow through the acquisition of other schools. These included the Wisconsin School of Electronics in Madison, Wisconsin, which has a history dating back to 1948. Later, the Milwaukee location was closed in favor of the Madison location but the system headquarters has remained in Milwaukee. The name of the school was changed to Herzing College in 1996, and since then the institution has grown to include campuses in eight states plus an online division, which is located with the system headquarters. The addition of graduate programs in 2009 led to the school's current name, Herzing University.