Bridge to a BSN and start a career in nursing
- Transfer up to 90 approved credits
- Program length: 28 months
- Online general education classes + core nursing courses at 6 Herzing campus locations
- Supportive faculty and a caring learning environment
- Comprehensive preparation for nursing licensure and practice
- Earn dual credit towards a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
On-campus program locations
The Herzing University LPN to BSN option is available at 6 ground campus locations, each offering extensive student resources and support as you pursue your bachelor's degree.
435 Ford Road
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
View the Minneapolis LPN to BSN curriculum.
Our LPN to BSN Option offers you the training and support you need to:
- Advance your knowledge and hands-on skills in clinical settings
- Build the critical thinking and research skills necessary for evidence-based practice and future graduate study
- Provide professional care to patients across the lifespan as part of a healthcare team
- Advance your employment opportunities the degree employers increasingly prefer
To be considered for admission into the program, you must hold a high school diploma or equivalent (Diploma, HSED or GED) and meet the following criteria based on your cumulative GPA:
|Cumulative GPAi||Science Requirement||TEASii|
|3.00–3.49||3.00 GPA in college scienceiii||None|
|2.50 and higher||None||Composite TEAS of 58|
i. Students with 18 or more transferable collegiate credits will be assessed on their collegiate cumulative GPA. Otherwise, the high school GPA will be used.
ii. The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) from the Assessment Technology Institute (ATI).
iii. Based on your cumulative GPA in these college science courses: Anatomy & Physiology I and II, Biology, Chemistry, and Microbiology. Two of these courses must be used to calculate science GPA. Any of these courses completed must be included in the calculation, and no others. If you do not meet this requirement, you must score a composite score of 58 or higher on the TEAS. A grade of "B" or better must be earned for transfer credit to be awarded for Anatomy & Physiology, regardless of whether it was included in the calculation.
Kollette Gerke always knew she wanted to become a nurse, but for 10 years she was a retail manager. One day Kollette made the decision to finish her degree to make her dream job possible.
Accreditations & Disclosures
1. The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Herzing University Brookfield, Kenosha, Madison, Minneapolis and Orlando are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). This accreditation includes the baccalaureate degree program offered at the satellite Herzing University Tampa location.