Bridge to a BSN and start a career in nursing
- Transfer up to 90 approved credits
- Program length: 28-32 months
- Supportive faculty and a caring learning environment
- Comprehensive preparation for nursing licensure and practice
- Earn dual credit towards a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Our LPN to BSN Option offers you the training and support you need to:
- Advance your knowledge and hands-on skills in clinical settings
- Build the critical thinking and research skills necessary for evidence-based practice and future graduate study
- Provide professional care to patients across the lifespan as part of a healthcare team
- Advance your employment opportunities the degree employers increasingly prefer
Herzing University's LPN to BSN option builds on your previous training with courses that focus on providing quality, evidence-based patient care.
Upon successful completion, graduates are eligible to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) to obtain RN licensure.
There are three main components of the LPN to RN-BSN program:
- On-campus. Complete core coursework at one of 5 campus locations.
- Online. You may complete your general education prerequisites online.
- Clinicals. Clinical experience is vital to excel in your new career as a nurse.
The exact number of classes and time it takes you to complete will depend on your previous training. If all your general education and science courses transfer, you can complete your program in as few as 28 months. Credit breakdowns for the LPN to BSN program vary depending on your location.
LPN to BSN Sample Schedule for Wisconsin Campuses:
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
|EN 104 - English Composition||SC 246 - Anatomy & Physiology II|
|SC 146 - Anatomy & Physiology I||SC 186 - General Chemistry|
|EN 111 - Information Literacy||PS 101 - Psychology|
|PD 121 - Professional Development I||HU 140 - Cultural Diversity|
|MA 109 - College Algebra|
|14 Credit Hours||13 Semester Credit Hours|
|SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4|
|SC 165 - General Microbiology||NU 302 - Adult Health II|
|NU 208 - Pathophysiology||*NU 225 - Nursing Informatics|
|NU 215 - Transitions to RN Practice with Lab||MA 320 - Statistics|
|EN 116 - Speech|
|13 Credit Hours||15 Credit Hours|
|SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
|NU 402 - Family Nursing||* NU 400 - National Global Health Policy Issues|
|NU 412 - Community Nursing||** NU 430 - Evidence Based Nursing Research|
|PD 202 - Professional Development II||EN 304 - English Composition II|
|SS 350 - Social Issues and Technology||HU 240 - Introduction to Humanities|
|15 Credit Hours||12 Credit Hours|
|* Dual Credit Option - HA 610|
|** Dual Credit Option - NU 560|
|NU 448 - Adult Health III / Nursing Practicum|
|NU 449 - Integration of Concepts|
|NU 450 - Nursing Leadership and Management|
|HU 340 - Human & Contemporary Pop Culture|
|12 Credit Hours|
To be considered for admission into the LPN to BSN program, you must:
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent (Diploma, HSED or GED)
- Be a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse or graduate of the Army Practical Nurse Program (68W-M6)
And meet any of the following requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5, and meet a minimum composite score on the most current version of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). TEAS score must be from within three years of anticipated date of matriculation
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5, and a minimum score of 21 on the ACT
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (no entrance test!)
* Minimum TEAS score varies by campus – contact your campus for more information. Students with 12 or more transferable collegiate credits will be assessed on their collegiate cumulative GPA. Candidates with a GED or HSED will be assessed a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Kollette Gerke always knew she wanted to become a nurse, but for 10 years she was a retail manager. One day Kollette made the decision to finish her degree to make her dream job possible.
Accreditations & Disclosures
* The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Herzing University Brookfield, Kenosha, Madison, Minneapolis and Orlando are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). This accreditation includes the baccalaureate degree program offered at the satellite Herzing University Tampa location.